Advising is an important part of your progress toward a degree. Plan to make an appointment with your advisor and be prepared for advising.
1. Check your academic status and the courses you need for graduation using Degree Works at myBama. Use your academic transcript and Degree Works online degree audit for this review.
2. Please fill out a draft schedule for future semesters and bring the hard-copy with you to your advising appointment. Search for class options on the Class Schedule, available on myBama.
3. The professional academic advisor for undergraduate students is Mrs. Lauren Creel. When you have your material together, contact your advisor for an appointment.
4. KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT AND BRING YOUR PRINTOUT OF DEGREE WORKS AND DRAFT SCHEDULE WITH YOU!!!!
5. Note: If you have completed 80 or more hours of coursework, expect to complete graduation paperwork during your advising session.
6. Undergraduate students click here for a program requirements checklist.
7. Be aware of the times and dates of registration by checking the University Registrar’s website at https://registrar.ua.edu/student-services/registration/
8. Graduate students will be assigned to an advisor upon enrollment. Distance graduate students check the Advising section in Blackboard http://ualearn.blackboard.com for advising resources.