Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution
This 15-credit hour certificate program teaches ways to manage consumer, workplace, and personal conflict through the use of effective communication, emotional intelligence skills, and cooperative problem solving. From a foundation in conflict theory, students learn strategies to prevent, reduce, and resolve conflict with the goal of preserving, and in many cases improving, relationships. All 15 hours required for the certificate are offered online and may be applied toward a 30-hour Master of Science in Consumer Sciences or General Human Environmental Sciences.
The required courses for the certificate are as follows:
- CSM 525 Conflict Resolution for the Workplace
- CSM 527 Emotional Intelligence
- CSM 528 Processes of Negotiation
- CSM 586 Principled Negotiation
- Either CSM 530 Family Law for Non-Lawyers, or CSM 559 Techniques of Counseling in Consumer Sciences
For more information on the Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution, please contact:
- Dr. Kym Reddoch
- The University of Alabama
- Department of Consumer Sciences
- Box 870158
- Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0158
- (205) 348-4526
- A grade of “B” or higher must be earned in all courses taken in the College of Human Environmental Sciences.